It has been a busy few months here in Kenya. We here at Two Feet Project have been working really hard to effectively use the resources given to us (by you) to positively impact the youth of Kenya. We are really excited about what has been happening and are encouraged to see the positive change that your support is having on the youth here. Due to your generosity, we have been able to impact the lives of many here in Kenya. We wanted to take a quick minute to fill everyone in on what’s been happening over the last 3 months. Because of your support, here is what has been accomplished in a very short time frame:
* The creation of our first soccer team, Society43 F.C.; created with a commitment from every player to participate in community service and development
* Hiring of our newest employee , Samuel Ngigi Kamau, who is responsible for the discipleship and mentorship of 22 young men impacting their communities
* The creation of the “Two Feet Sponsorship Program” for youth looking to further their education
* Enrollment of our first Candidate of the TFP Sponsorship Program into USIU, a university just outside of Nairobi
* Over 250 hours of community service thought up, planned, and implemented by young Kenyan men and women including tree planting at local schools, garbage collection, and soccer camps for underprivileged kids.
* 1st Annual TFP sponsored Soccer Tournament, rewarding soccer teams that are committed to bettering themselves and their communities of Nakuru and Nairobi.
* Weekly mentorship with 6 different youth in the Nairobi area
* Hosting of TFP Board Members and CORE Donors in Kenya
We are proud of that the fact that we have carefully and thoughtfully used the resources given to us, by you, to start these vital programs. We feel very blessed to have been able to accomplish so much in so little time. We are not satisfied with just these programs though because we have much more work left to do. We have bigger goals to accomplish, more relationships to build and invest in, and more positive change to bring to the younger generation of Kenya. Our vision is not only for the rest of 2013 but for 2014 and beyond. We know, however, that none of this would be possible without your prayers, support, and generosity. We want to sincerely thank you and hope that you will continue to partner with us as we continue our work in this community. Stay tuned for more announcements of future programs coming soon! Thank you and May God Bless You!